Monday, March 11, 2013

Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

I knew that the OZ palettes from Urban Decay were going to be released. I had no interest in looking at the Glinda palette. Mainly because it would be light and pink and I'm more drawn to darker bolder colors. When I looked at the Theodora palette, I was so disappointed and I wasn't impressed.

Now, a few weeks later on a shopping trip I walked up to both palettes that were displayed and fell in love with one particular color. South jumped out at me and the love only grew when I swatched it. My cousin pointed out Aura and so I swatched the lighter of the two, once I saw that white color with blue duochrome on my finger I knew I had to have this palette. I happily walked away with the Glinda palette even though I feel horrible for liking the good witch!

On with the review...

The palette itself isn't too much to write home about, it's cute packaging though.


And opened...


As you can tell from the above picture, Aura and Oz have two separate shades in the pot. I've swatched each color separately.

Let's meet the cast of characters:

Tornado: (right) A deep dark purple with a light purple/pink sheen frost. Applied smooth and silky. Color was very easy to get on and the above swatch was done with two swipes.

Aura: (middle) The two highlights that I adore! Perfectly split down the middle of the pot in the palette. The white side has a blue/violet duochrome that I can not wait to play with. Gorgeous and build-able. The other is a peach/pink duochrome.

Magic: (left) This color reminds me of a pink/lavender color. It has a golden sheen to it but doesn't look or feel and luxurious as Tornado (or South).


Illusion: (left) I was excited to have this color since I don't have such a nice golden color already. I have already completed a look with this color and it is the first one I reached for in this palette after bringing it home. I'll post the look at the end of this post.

Oz: (middle) The other pot with two colors. This pot is actually mislabeled in my palette as "South". I've thought about contacting UD to see if they can at least send me the correct label. Here you find a gold and a silver. the gold has micro gold glitter in it. Wasn't as easily applied as I would have wished and I have other golds in my personal collection I'll go to other than then one. Probably my least favorite. Now the silver on the other hand is one of the silkiest silvers I own. Love the way it swatched. It has a rich texture.

South: (right) I love this color! I bought this palette because of this wonderful dark taupe color. This picture does not do it justice. Applies smoothly, nice buttery texture. This will be one of my go to's.


This palette also comes with an Urban Decay eyeliner and lip gloss stick. I have not used the eyeliner but did wear the lip gloss and I'm very pleased with it. I swatched both.


Top is the lip gloss called "Glinda". It is a pink with gold frost on the lips, looks to have a beige undertone when I swatched it. It is slightly tacky on the lips.

Bottm is the eyeliner called Rockstar. It is a nice eggplant color. Don't know how much I'll be using this liner but once I do, I'll do another review.

Well that is it. Do I recommend this palette? Well, if I could have bought South and Aura separately then I wouldn't have bought it. I was pleasantly surprised with Illusion so it has made it worth it to me. Otherwise, I would hold out.


Here is the look I did with Illusion: Illusion is on the inner corner, light blue from a 2012 sephora palette I have, outer v is Occupy from the vice palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment